Moving! (*sticky post*)

As of January 1st...
THIS BLOG WILL BE REPLACED!
You will then be able to find me
at The Book Zone!
Please be sure to follow me over there, as you'll be able to keep up to date with my reading progress, my challenge stats, and all the other bookish things of Mizbooks! ;-)

Thursday, June 21, 2007

TBR: "There is More to The Secret"

"There Is More to the Secret" by Ed Gungor

Found this book on Faithfulreader.com, today, and -- given that I just read Rhonda Byrne's book, "The Secret", about a month ago -- I was interested to know more about this new book by Ed Gungor!

"There is More to The Secret" is not an 'attack' on Ms. Byrne's book, but rather a compliment to it ... she left out a crucial element of the "Law of Attraction"... and, that's that Almighty God is always involved. ;o)

While I was reading "The Secret" (Byrne), I found a lot of it to be "New Age", and I had issue with that. BUT, I also found a lot of what the author said to have some truth to it, and I figured it can't hurt to try some of the things out... like thinking positively. ;o) That's always been touted as a good thing, even by my mother. ;o)

Here are some quotes from "The Secret" that I really liked:

p.18 - "...he changed from focusing on what he did not want, what he was afraid of, what he wanted to avoid, to focusing on what he did want."

p.58 - "a person cannot think 'thin thoughts' and be fat. It completely defies the 'Law of Attraction'."

p.74 - "Gratitude is absolutely the way to bring more into your life."

p.90 (paraphrased) - "Create a Vision Board - put on it what you want to acheive, or something you want to attract... put a picture of this / these things on this board, and look at it every day... start to visualize. Imagine you already have these things."

p.123 - "Treat yourself with love and respect, and you will attract people who will show you love and respect."

p.123 - "To make a relationship work, focus on what you appreciate about the other person, not your complaints. When you focus on the strengths, you'll get more of them."

p.127 - "All stress begins with one negative thought."

And, the one that really made me smile because it made me think of all the "good gifts that God has given me":

p.183 - "The earth turns on its orbit for you. The oceans ebb and flow for you. The birds sing for you. The sun rises and sets for you. The stars come out for you. Every beautiful thing you see, every wonderous thing you experience, is all there for YOU!" (see James 1:17)

No comments: