Moving! (*sticky post*)

As of January 1st...
THIS BLOG WILL BE REPLACED!
You will then be able to find me
at The Book Zone!
Please be sure to follow me over there, as you'll be able to keep up to date with my reading progress, my challenge stats, and all the other bookish things of Mizbooks! ;-)

Friday, March 23, 2007

Almost Overwhelmed With Reading!

I am almost overwhelmed by the amount of reading I'm telling myself to do this year... or, that I've *challenged* myself to take on. LOL

Here are the books that I desperately want/need to get to in the next 12 months:

REVIEW BOOKS "TBR" (to be read):


  1. Saving Alice - David Lewis

  2. The Secret Life of Becky Miller - Sharon Hinck

  3. Mozart's Sister - Nancy Moser

  4. How to Make Peace With Your Mom - H. Norman Wright

  5. River Rising - Athol Dickson

  6. Letter Perfect - Cathy Marie Hake

  7. A Woman's Place - Lynn Austin

  8. Generation NeXt Parenting - Tricia Goyer

  9. Across the China Sky - C. Hope Flinchbaugh

  10. Jesus: An Intimate Portrait... - Leith Anderson

  11. Reclaiming Nick - Susan May Warren

  12. Things We Once Held Dear - Ann Tatlock

  13. Freefall - Kristen Heitzmann



F2F BOOK CLUB "TBR":


  • FEBRUARY: Moloka'i by Alan Brennert

  • MARCH: The Birth House by Ami McKay
  • *DNF*
  • APRIL: [--not reading this month's selection--]

  • MAY: Abide With Me by Elizabeth Strout

  • JUNE: Snow Flower & the Secret Fan by Lisa See



2007 TBR CHALLENGE:

ORIGINAL 12:

  1. Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone (book 1) - J.K. Rowling

  2. Middlemarch - George Eliot [C, CH]

  3. The Wise Woman - Christian Jacq

  4. Passage - Connie Willis

  5. The Surgeon - Tess Gerritsen

  6. Premonition - Randall Ingermanson

  7. Shadow Baby - Ami Mcghee

  8. Envy - Sandra Brown [CH]

  9. Bethesda - Paul A. Nigro

  10. The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde

  11. Deja Dead - Kathy Reichs

  12. The Tea Rose - Jennifer Donnelly



** C means this is also on my Classics Challenge list.
** CH means this is also on my Chunkster Challenge list.

ALTERNATES:

  • Messy Spirituality - Mike Yaconelli

  • Inkspell - Cornelia Funke

  • How To Be Good - Nick Hornby

  • Flabbergasted - Ray Blackston

  • The Rule of Four - Caldwell/Thomason

  • Deep In the Valley - Robyn Carr

  • Dying Declaration - Randy Singer

  • Double Vision - Randall Ingermanson

  • The #1 Ladies' Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith

  • If I Had You - Deborah Bedford

  • Her Daughter's Eyes - Jessica Barksdale Inclan

  • The Codex - Douglas Preston

  • Preparing Your Son for Every Man's Battle - Stephen Arterburn

  • The Empress File - John Sandford



** NOTE: I had 24 Alternates here, but I removed the ones that were *extra* because our Challenge group has decided to allow only 15 Alternates. ;o)

So, as you can see, that's a LOT of reading! Mind you, the "Alternates" list for the TBR Challenge is a list of "possibilities"... I don't presume to get them ALL read this year. They're there in case one of my original 12 doesn't suit my tastes at the time that I pick it up. I could also read my Alternates on top of my original 12 -- as sort of "extra credit" (even though they don't count for the Challenge prizes -- but, I'm not "eligible" for the prizes, anyhow! :-P).

Lastly, below, are my books for the Classics Challenge:


  1. The Aspern Papers - Henry James

  2. Middlemarch - George Eliot

  3. A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle

  4. Persuasion - Jane Austen

  5. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens



I finished "The Aspern Papers" last night. So, one down, and four more to go!

I'm really anxious, though, to get to my Review books. They've been put on hold since before Christmas, and I feel really badly about that. They need to get read -- they're basically "top priority" to me, right now. As soon as I'm finished reading "Middlemarch" (and I'm just over halfway through now), I'll be starting in on those Review books!

No comments: