Moving! (*sticky post*)

As of January 1st...
THIS BLOG WILL BE REPLACED!
You will then be able to find me
at The Book Zone!
Please be sure to follow me over there, as you'll be able to keep up to date with my reading progress, my challenge stats, and all the other bookish things of Mizbooks! ;-)

Friday, March 23, 2007

Classics Challenge



I've joined another book challenge. Thanks to my friend, Lisa at Bluestalking Reader, I am now signed up for Booklogged's Classics Challenge, which will take place in January - February 2007.

The goal is to read 5 Classics during these 2 months.

Here is what I'm going to attempt to read:

1. Middlemarch by George Eliot
2. The Aspern Papers by Henry James (done: 01/17/07)
3. Persuasion by Jane Austen
4. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
5. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

(See the books - my library)

Yes, it's shameful to admit -- I've not read ANY of these, yet! But, this is just the kind of kick-in-the-butt motivation I need to do so! :o)

Note: Originally, I'd planned to read "Babel Tower" (or "Possession") by A.S. Byatt. But, today I watched the movie, "The Lake House" (starring Keanu Reaves & Sandra Bullock), and I'm convinced I need to read Jane Austen's "Persuasion". Hence the change in my list. ;o)

No comments: