Moving! (*sticky post*)

As of January 1st...
THIS BLOG WILL BE REPLACED!
You will then be able to find me
at The Book Zone!
Please be sure to follow me over there, as you'll be able to keep up to date with my reading progress, my challenge stats, and all the other bookish things of Mizbooks! ;-)

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Top 10 Books I Couldn't Live Without

I was "tagged", just by reading Deena's blog post, so here goes...

Now, whether I could actually not "live without" these, I don't know... some, definitely, but the others, I might change my mind. ;o)

Top 10 Books I Couldn't Live Without:

1. The Bible - New Living Translation (of course!)
2. Gifted Hands - Dr. Ben Carson (implies that you can do whatever you put your mind to, especially if you have a strong role-model)
3. Writer Ferrets - Richard Bach (inspiration for writing; cute)
4. The Moon Below - Barbara Bickmore (I am woman; hear me roar!)
5. Velvet Elvis - Rob Bell (very out-of-the-box Christianity; makes me LOL)
6. Girl Meets God - Lauren Winner (why faith is important)
7. Get Out of That Pit! - Beth Moore (awesome book about deliverance)
8. Gaelen Foley's "Knight" series (my favorite series so far)
9. Christian Jacq's "Ramses" series (my second-fave series)
10. Inkheart - Cornelia Funke (best book-about-books I've read!)

TAG! You're it! :D

3 comments:

Nise' said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed reading your top 10 books. I will have to do that one! Get Out Of That Pit will go on mine as well. Also, checked out your SRT list! I did Believing God four years ago, it was life changing. I am reading Emma by Jane Austen and want to read Persuasion as well. Good Luck on all your reading!

MizB said...

Thank you! :D

I've already started reading BELIEVING GOD, and it's *very* good... but, I could be biased, as I've really come to love Beth's teachings over the last 4 years. ;o)

Have you seen her LPM Blog?

<>< Mizbooks

Deena Peterson said...

Cool! Found you 'cause you visited me...but I'm bookmarking you now...and we're going to be neighbors so we can share our top 10 books...that will give us MORE books...and make the pain of only having 10 easier to bear LOL!!